Smart Cities UK – Overview
Smart City UK is seeing more and more examples of smart city transformation. Key ‘smart’ sectors utilised by such Cities include transport, energy, health care, water and waste. Against the current background of economic, social, security and technological changes caused by the globalization and the integration process, cities in the UK face the challenge of combining competitiveness and sustainable urban development simultaneously.
A smart city is a place where the traditional networks and services are made more efficient with the use of digital and telecommunication technologies, for the benefit of its inhabitants and businesses.
With this vision in mind, the European Union is investing in ICT research and innovation and developing policies to improve the quality of life of citizens an make cities more sustainable in view of Europe’s 20-20-20 targets.
The smart city concept goes beyond the use of ICT for better resource use and less emissions. It means smarter urban transport networks, upgraded water supply and waste disposal facilities, and more efficient ways to light and heat buildings.
And it also encompasses a more interactive and responsive city administration, safer and secure public spaces.
Creating Resilient Cities will lead the way on addressing the best practice examples on smart transformation from across Cities within the United Kingdom whilst disseminating guidance and information transformation within waste, energy, transport and other key smart sectors.
- Meet the challenge of managing infrastructure and smart city initiatives concurrently
- Establish your position as an expert in telecommunications, utility, transport and security initiatives
- Access opportunities within the regions
- Partner with the right clients to help them overcome their smart city designand planning challenges by offering them smart growth solutions
- Share your expertise on best practice applications
- Understand the needs of public authorities for integrated solutions for transport, utilities and infrastructure and how your products could help them meet their sustainability requirements
- Develop salient and robust business models from advanced communications, sensing, renewable, and microgrid technologies which are explored on the day.
- Learn techniques to collaborate with communities, vendors, regulators & community business stakeholders.
- Make connections and network which is necessary to implement your Town or Cities future vision
- Shape your current regulatory policy to adapt to changing business models & technologies
- Understand the design processes to help improve innovation while learning how to create a more sustainable future for your region or organisation.
- Develop policies building healthy businesses, regions, and communities.
Who Will Attend
- Policy makers/strategists
- Asset owners
- Economic Development Officers
- Directors of Environment
- Directors of Energy
- Directors for Infrastructure & Planning
- Directors of Health
- Banks, financial institutions and investment companies
- Legal and accounting companies
- IP and patent companies
- Local & central government agencies and public sector organisations
- Housing associations, suppliers & contractors
- Architects, surveyors, town planners & urban design companies
- Economic development & regeneration practitioners
- Technologists and technology developers